Monday, May 3, 2010

I love my cats, I love my cats, I love my cats

I keep saying this to myself because the level of aggravation has been so high the past 4 months I might just forget. After some improvement and a plateau in Sonja's allergies, another setback We had been testing various foods hoping to find the one that would work out for her (and hopefully work out for Huey too). This past week. she was again itching so bad she scratched her neck part of her face raw. In the meantime, one of the benefits of the foods we tried out was that there has been a lot less hairball/regurgitation (yes I know "ewwwww"). Anyway, another trip to the vet's. Another $250 spent in exams and tests. Final word: Impossible to tell what she is allergic to. There may be more than one thing too. Conclusion: We are now using prescription cat food. To give perspective on this, a 15lbs bag of Purina cat chow goes for about $15, a 10lbs bag of prescription food is about $60.

I love my cats, I love my cats, I love my cats.Murpff.

1 comment:

  1. awww, poor kitty! Poor Caroline! Have you tried steamed veg or rice? Probably have..

    ReplyDelete