Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Monster update

Some progress in the monster issue: since the swap from a toddler bed to a twin sized bed we are able to lay down with our little bug at bedtime to avoid big panic. That and re-iterating the monsters are all gone did help us get some sleep. Only one bad night in the last 4 days! Yay! At least we all got some decent sleep.

Summer school is over. I'm a bit worried about possible setbacks in language skills over the next few weeks. I wish I could work part time for a bit just to keep on top of things in that area. Not something my employer offers so I'll settle for crossing my fingers and taking any possible opportunity to teach new words and insist on phrases instead of pointing and grunting at things. I guess it's a mommy thing to worry all the time about your little ones.

On the rant side of things, I am totally bummed about a local decking contractor. In april I asked for a quote to have the handrail to our back deck replaced. It took 3 weeks to get as response, and once we gave our OK, we agreed this would be done the week after memorial day. Still waiting. The contractor never even bothered to respond to my last email. Time for contractor shopping again. Such a waste of time and energy! I guess I won't be using my deck until next spring at this rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment