Friday, July 2, 2010

Pea, strawberry and moojacks

You learn from your child everyday. I learn even more everyday as my child is growing up in a different country than I grew up in. You grow into a parent, a more patient, more open person. And then there is the added difficulty of my child language challenges. I learned that a "Happy to you" is plenty when "birthday" is in the heart. I learned that any red berry is a strawberry. I learned that peabutter contains peanuts and is spread on toast. I learned today that moojacks (wheat chex for you and I) are just the thing for breakfast. 

Today was a pretty good day at work. Everybody finally calmed down after the frantic activity to close fiscal year on June 30th. Everybody was on long holiday weekend mood. I wish people were this relaxed every week. I'm sure we would get just as much work done, and do it without a constant stress induced heartburn.

I also upgraded my iPhone (the software, not the phone) and I love the new features. Especially the apps groups. Yay for decluttering. Also love having a picture of my princess in the background all the time. 

And then, super weekend last minute bonus, tomorrow night our muchkin is spending the night (and the sunday) with her great aunt Joan. Desperately looking for a last minute overnight getaway for the hubby and I. Easier said than done on the eve of a holiday weekend!

2 comments: