Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Some sleep would be nice

It's happening again: Not enough sleep. I go to bed and the wheels keep spinning. In the morning, strong black coffee is my saving grace. 

This morning I had to go to the office early to be able to discuss an issue with one of my colleague who was going to be unavailable for the rest of the day. I'm not really a morning person, so if you add this with the lack of sleep, not an awesome combination. The rest of my day just went downhill from there. From confrontations with the escalation/development office that seems to be going the extra mile to make you jump through hoops rather than seeking to make customers happy to unpleasant decisions to make about the team. Still love my job but I'm really frustrated by the general inertia and lack of concern for the customers I'm constantly head-butting against.

5pm came, I was totally out of juice. Skipped dinner with Richard since the hubby was not feeling well and I was definitely too tired to drive myself downtown safely in rush traffic and definitely not in shape to drive back in one piece after dinner. I'm bummed. 

So tonight I'm hoping to fall asleep without tossing a turning for hours. Really, it would be nice not to wake up tired for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment