Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bunny time !!

The week ended in the same hectic rush it had started. Quick, quick cram everything possible in the hours of a day. Work hours whizzed by. One last script, two imports and three hotfixes and it's already 4pm. Time to say goodbye to Raj, one member of my team that has decided to check whether the grass is greener at another employer's. We will all miss him! 

Back home another great surprise: the dishwasher called it quits on us. So there we are, friday evening, a mountain of dishes waiting, Easter last preparations to tackle, and the usual pre-weekend grind. My hubby did manage to get  an appointment with the Sears repair guy for Monday. In the meantime, we will go with paper plates. I'm not feeling the hand washing. At all. Especially after tackling that mountain of dishes this evening. Hubby took pity on my and ordered pizza. 

After dinner and tucking in my princess, it was time to hop into bunny mode. Actually panic mode for a few minutes when I couldn't figure out where the Easter candy was stashed away. My fault for forgetting I had put it out of the hubby's sight so he would not get tempted. It is late but the laundry is done, the pile of dirty dishes turned into a pile of clean dishes, the candy stash has been uncovered. I decorated a basket for the loot on Sunday. I also found time to make (yes make with my sewing machine embroidery program) and put labels in my daughter's summer clothes ( ah the added joys of school for mommies). Sheeh my head is spinning!!

Tomorrow we are taking a day trip to Lancaster PA, visiting Gram Betty, the greatest granny on this side of the Atlantic for sure. Then hubby and I are going on a date (dinner and a movie sans child) as an advanced celebration of our 8th anniversary next week. Sunday, we'll be hunting eggs in Aunt Joan's backyard and having brunch with the family. Somewhere in the busy schedule, we will have to squeeze a side trip to the grocery store. Some sleep would be nice too. Time to head to bed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment