Sunday, April 25, 2010

In busy bee mode

This weekend was a whirlwind. I have been in busy bee mode the whole time even though I'm still sick, coughing and blowing my nose every other minute. So many things to do around the house!!.  Patch a hole here, paint a wall there, the garden needing more attention, a stitch here, a bit of baking, the family, in short a lot of life. 


My husband's parents were in town for a visit starting Thursday night so we took friday off to do more things together. No skipping school for the young lady so we shipped her on the school bus in the morning but we all went to  the Baltimore Zoo in the afternoon (our little princess loved it .. she got to pet the farm animals.. very cool). After the zoo, we headed to Towson for a family dinner with Joan and John. Great steak! After break fast on saturday, we went to the school's spring Carnival which was a lot of fun despite the so-so weather. In the evening, we barbecued at home with a friend visiting from Syracuse NY. It was a lot of fun even though I was totally out of juice (hell I even crashed for a nap while my daughter and I were watching a movie). Our friend brought his spanking new iPad and we all got to play with it, daughter included. She actually caught up in no time... I was shocked! And proud!

This morning I baked french toast for the first time and it turned out OK although it kinda started badly... a good save (hubby gives it a 7/10 in his words it has potential). Then the in-laws left to return home and we had to catch up with other mundane tasks like, laundry, dishes and another "gratifying" household chores.

This afternoon a trip to home depot, then the hubby and I fixed up the flower beds in the backyard and planted impatients and marygolds. I also got herbs (parsley, chives and of course basil) and cherry tomatoes in a planter in the sunnier front yard. I guess i should take some pictures of all the pretty flowers in the front: the creeping flox  is a purple explosion, and the azalea bushes looks fantastic in pink and white. I wish it were spring year round!!

No comments:

Post a Comment