Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hiatus

Not much activity on this blog all week. The main culprit would be fighting off a nasty bug that hit me Monday, kept me in bed 2 days and left me without much energy the rest of the week. Sinuses inflamed,  nose raw, fever and chills, headache and a lingering cough. Not fun. It's now Saturday and I'm not yet 100% back. 

Work has been hectic again this week. The overload created a serious delay in case handling and this is rubbing me the wrong way. Then came the aggravation of having to justify technical decisions to non-technician. After 7 years of proving my skills, I would expect a bit more credit for my experience and track record. 

On the home front some positive: finally the stairwell is freshly repainted. The last of the beige is gone. Now a very restful barely blue is showing off some of my paintings. Oh and no more flat finish... with little people in the household you learn the value of eggshell finish: you can wash off crayon, peanut butter paw prints and other little disasters. The basement stairs are also sanded and ready to be refinished: a project for a weekend in the near future. 

Mommy pride is also maxed out. My little princess is making great strides at school. She did not have a set back after spring break like she did when the snow storms interrupted school for 2 full weeks. She interacts  better with the teachers and her classmates and is especially empathic with them. Several times, her teacher reported that she always tries to comfort the other kids when they are upset or not well. And now using not only hugs but also words of comfort. Love her to death !!

In the craft department, I'm putting finishing touches to 2 projects:

A crayon/ coloring pad carry case for my daughter 










And the lap quilt I started last month. Last step : the binding.


No comments:

Post a Comment