Sunday, June 20, 2010

ADHD and OCD ?

We have known for a while that my daughter is not exactly like other kids of her age. She is very smart and creative. She has fantastic problem solving skills but she also has what the team that evaluated her called atypical development. She has a lot of the typical skill of a kid her ages but her mastery of language is not quite where it should be. Being raised in a bilingual household is definitely one of the factors but she also has a lot of troubles focusing and keeping still which makes learning  a more difficult. 


The hyperactivity and lack of focus (a bit early to  dub it ADHD) is a challenge at school and of course at home. I have already mentioned the school uses a lap pad to help her settle down and I made some to use at home with great success on the fidgeting. But there are other stuff my 4-year old daughter does that have me wondering me what is going on in her head. When she puts away her crayons, all the tips are pointing in the same direction, and then there was the Playmobil all lined up in their little house:






 or the foam letters on the shower tiles .. Not sure what to think 




No comments:

Post a Comment