Thursday, June 3, 2010

Curtain

I spent the past few days curled up and sad, locked up in my house. Today was my grand mother's funeral, in Marseille. Today was a day of pain for me, stuck in the US and not able to attend. Thank you Joan for organizing this small memorial service at my house. It was good to be able to say goodbye even from so far away.



My sweet Mamie, so wrinkled and so beautiful, you went to rest with Grandpa.
I remember of the Tuesday evenings and the Wednesdays spent at your home, of the mini pots and pans and gastronomic dishes my sisters and I cooked in them. I remember the jumpers we knitted with you and often forgot to finish. I remember the sewing, the painting and the play dough sculpting. I remember the brioche sprinkled with grated chocolate for the afternoon snacks.
I remember the gentleness, the care and generosity. I remember all the happy moments, my sweet old grand mother that never was angry.  All your life you took care and worried about the others, Thank you for helping me be who I am now. Time for a well deserved long rest. I cannot describe how much I will miss you. Or how much the whole family will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment