Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Mojo is back

Finally it's coming back. 


First I did some baking ... fresh strawberries yielded 2 yummy desserts: 











Then my new creative space is definitely working out. Finished this week , a cute little clutch for the Craftaholics Anonymous Christmas in July Gift Exchange



and a messenger book bag as a year end present for my daughter's teacher










I also made a weighted lap pad (shaped like a fish) for the kid, similar to the one she has at school and that does wonders against the constant fidgeting. I have to say it really works wonders. This evening, she watched a movie without pulling out every single toy out, running around with her blanket or hopping and skipping and dancing in front of the TV. The school's OT and educational team told me it was a great tool but now that I've seen it with my own eyes I'm sold. Definitely making another one of those soon. 


In other news, my friend Shari and her hubby just bought their first home. Since they are DIY virgins, I helped a bit when and where I could and I have to say all of this has been very therapeutic. I think I am finally ready to face the office stress. Speaking of which , this is my on-call week... not much sleep last night, maybe 2 hours between calls. Soooo tired! But I get to hide home for the rest of the week for my troubles. 



1 comment:

  1. Very cute clutch! Who ever got that in the gift exchange is very lucky ;)

    ReplyDelete