Monday, June 21, 2010

One more done.. and more to go

Today was my first time back in the office in almost 2 weeks. Last time I was there was a big fat bust, I was still pretty shaken from my grand mother's passing. Thankfully my boss is understanding and accommodating and let me hide home long enough that I'm OK with the daily frustration and stress that comes along with the job when you have to go to the office... especially MY office. So this time it went mostly OK. I didn't loose it. I just hid in my car during lunch to avoid visitors/well wishers/gossipers. Got back home pretty brain fried though. Just to give an idea, I prepared the coffee machine for tomorrow morning and ended up pouring the water AND the coffee ground in the water tank. Oops. I did get it right the second time around but this could have been messy. 

I did manage to tackle a little home improvement project tonight: last fall we had our postage stamp sized backyard which was also a permanent mud pitt converted into a paved terrace. I built a ledge in front of the access gate so that it is easier to access. Next weekend, I will get some sod to fix up the slope in front of the step... and it'll look much prettier.


Then I went through my fabric stash looking for a cute print to make a present for my neighbor's granddaughter Kaylee who is turning 1. I can't make up my mind which fabric to use or what to make but this is what I dug out for it.





No comments:

Post a Comment