Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Busy schedule

It's been a busy couple of days. This weekend we had a very nice dinner with a French friend recently moved to the US with his American wife. They have a sweet 2-year old boy and are expecting a baby girl any day now. Steak on the grill, pasta salad and corn on the cob. I made a peach and raspberry clafouti for dessert that was quite the hit too.  Of course as soon as we got home I had the itch to make something cute for their little Juliette. So I dove in mu stash again to find the right fabric for the project.

Then Sunday, I was thrilled to be able to spend some time with my friend Denise. She is still recovering from a horrible car crash and is finally well enough to drive. We had great breakfast together, caught up on a lot of things and spoke chiffon. Denise used to have a clothing shop where she sold her creations but had to let go of it years ago. She is now thinking about going back to sewing and maybe setting up an Etsy shop. So cool ! Then we went to see "Knight and day". We  had a lot of fun and I got home just in time for Kaylee's birthday party next door. The rest of the Sunday is a blur as I had to catch up on all the household chores set aside to meet with friends. 

Yesterday was an OK work day. I got home with more energy than I've had in weeks. I made some baked tomatoes stuffed with couscous and topped with a thin slice of grilled mozarella cheese and some Provence herbs. Simple, healthy and delicious.  In the evening I got started on the dress of Juliette.

Today again an OK day. I was greeted by a surprise in my front yard: 3 years ago I planted some bulbs and the past 2 summer all I got from it was a lot of green. Finally this year something else.

 Also enough energy for some decent cooking: Cajun chicken with rice and pineapple. Hubby loves it!
More sewing tonight. The dress is starting to take shape. I still have to stitch the straps and the back and some finishing touches. I did play a bit with my sewing machine decorative stitches.


How cute is that ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment