Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Away from home - Day #2

Time zones are one of the downsides of traveling. This morning, my internal clock got me up at 7AM eastern, 5AM here. Bad clock, the rest of my body sure could have used a couple more hours of sleep. I'm hoping for a better night tonight. Bonus: after a rainy morning, the sky cleared up. 



Still on schedule with our installation. As expected, the modeling completed overnight. As expected, once presented with the results, the customer decided to make some changes in the setup. So we wiped the results and do-over is currently running. I was able to do a bit of shopping in the area and found a few cute things to bring back home as. I also took a few pictures for future craft projects. 

Major bummer though, I was not able to find any store selling western style fabrics, not even quilt stores. I was so hoping to find Anasazi, Hopi or Navajo inspired prints. Of course, being way out of town and without convenient transportation does limit the scope of my research. 

Bonus of the day, after poking and prodding for a while, hubby and I finally managed to get a video conference going. Yay! Double Yay! I was able to see my my baby girl before her bedtime and wish her good night and sweet dreams. Funny how little things can make you happy.

1 comment:

  1. I've already wanted someone to fast forward the rest of the week! So brain tired..
    Greetings from Augsburg

    ReplyDelete