Sunday, March 7, 2010

Countdown

That's it. Well almost it. Tomorrow I will be in Arizona for a week. So today was all about laundry and packing. That part is almost done : suits and shirts all neatly folded, shoes selected and tucked in, makeup, meds, something to read. My OCD won't let me pack at the last minute. All that's left to do tomorrow: load a couple of movies on the iPhone, switch handbags, add toiletries and pack my MacBook and the cables in the computer bag.  That should be pretty easy.

The hard part will be to hug my little one goodbye, knowing that I won't be able to do that for a week. That part REALLY sucks. Like all parents, sometimes I admit she can be very tough to handle (she is about as pig headed and her dad and I combined). Sometimes it is hard to stay zen. But nothing she may do (or not do) can make me love any less. So yes I am leaving. But I will be longing for her little arms around my neck, her lovely cheek dimples, and her voice calling Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment