Monday, March 1, 2010

Grumpiness

Not a happy day at work. I was feeling grumpy already getting up and things just did not improve. Voicemail. Customer obviously called the wrong person for their purpose. But no matter, since they have my direct line I can make do right ? Yep. Sorry, I can only answer technical questions. Sent email to the account manager that can help out. Then a few hours struggling with customized documents in Oracle Report Builder hell, followed by database tuning and preparing a data migration (non geeks, please follow the links for explanations on what the fun is all about). Murpf. 

My flight to Scottsdale is now booked. I leave Sunday afternoon and return late Friday night (better than a Saturday morning red eye!!). A whole week out of the office, that is going to feel like a breath of fresh air I'm sure. And looking forward to see that new module in action too! 


Not looking forward to leave my baby girl behind for a week though. That part is rough. My mother-in-law will be coming from upstate NY to help the hubby out. He can handle little people, but having him all stressed out all week because of it would mean grumpy husband when I return. I'm going to make sure that the beer fridge is stocked up and that I get him some peppermint patties (his favorite treat) before I leave. 

Highlight of my day : the mail. Yes, I received my Olympic mittens !! Woohoo. Almost hoping for some cold weather before the season turns into spring just so I have an excuse to wear them. It's really not cold enough for mittens this week so far. And I'm pretty sure I'm not going to need them in Scottsdale ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment