Sunday, March 28, 2010

Final touches

This weekend was the occasion to put the final touch on a few projects. After tidying up my sewing gear the basement, I finally made the new sheers for the recently repainted living room and matching ones for the kitchen, I also re-appropriate the old living rooms sheers for the master bedroom (out with the cheap ones bought when we were new homeowners with more urgent stuff to spend money on !!!). I'm still not over how the living rooms looks so much better and brighter with something as simple as paint and window treatments.  

In the overdue department, thanks to the spring cleaning dumpster days in the neighborhood, we finally disposed of the last of the old commodes. We recently replaced one in the basement bathroom and never got around bringing to the county dump. Yes all the evil, poorly flushing, water wasting old toilets that were the same age as the house are gone. In their place, brad new water efficient Kohler models that flush properly. 


I also found time to prepare some treats for Easter. My little helper poured the ingredients in the mixing bowl and wielded the cookie cutters for some delicious chocolate frosted cookies. 

After that I made some ganache truffles flavored with Irish whisky liqueur. Yummmmm!! Sinful and heavenly at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment