Thursday, March 11, 2010

Away from home - Day #3

This post could be dubbed when the s**t hits the fan. As of 9PM MST  the second modeling job is still running and at this point it doesn't look like it will be finished tomorrow morning. We changed the settings of the database and did everything we could to alleviate the load on the server to leave more processing power for modeling. It still looks like we are hitting a brick wall. My colleague and I are very frustrated. We are also very grateful the customer is taking this pretty well. Most would not be nearly as understanding. 

After this frustrating day it was really nice to talk to the family back home. My daughter did ask me to come home. I can't wait to hold her. 2 more days and some change. I won't get back home until late night Friday (well technically it will be Saturday morning). So no big hugs and kisses until Saturday morning. 

Also had a nice dinner with a long time known, never met before, internet buddy. It was a lot of fun and a nice break from the hotel's limited menu selections. Oh and tomorrow is supposed to be warmer with a ton of sunshine. Small consolations

No comments:

Post a Comment