Thursday, March 4, 2010

Still grumpy

Another grumpy day. Sometimes you know right at the moment you open your eyes in the morning it is going to be one of those days. Hard to get from half consciousness to the surface, hard to get up, hard to get ready for work, cranky on the way to work, irritable and anti-social, nothing can seem to shake it off. No juice. Chocolate not really helping either. Three days in a row. No energy and that nagging feeling everything is just crappy and uninspiring. Apparently I am not the only one feeling gloomy. My friend Shari was also in a totally anti-social mood (self proclaimed), and she was not the only one. At least my workday was not as bleak as yesterday, especially at lunchtime. Shari and I treated ourselves with our favorite : Qdoba's naked burrito. Then I was able to wrap up a couple of long outstanding support tickets. That always helps feeling a bit better.

I think the weather has to do with all this. I'm longing for spring as usual at this time of the year, it cannot come soon enough. I need more sunshine, see some green and some flowers. Yes, weeks after our snomaggedon there is still plenty of snow here. Big piles in some areas are still reaching several feet, and every shady spots has retained quite a bit, for instance my front yard. It  is still covered by almost 2 feet of snow and ice. It is slowly shrinking but unless the temperatures get significantly warmer it will take a few more weeks to melt it all off. I am wondering if my plants will have survived the ordeal. All adds up to this conclusion: my trip to AZ looks more and more just what I need to get over the gloom. Less than a week now. Time to think about what to pack. The idea of wearing open toes shoes after weeks in the Doc Marteens, and short sleeve shirts is something to look forward to!! OK it's for work, but as work goes, that is the cherry on the cake. Here's to cherries, my favorite fruit too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment