Thursday, March 4, 2010

Friday ahoy !

Yesterday, we had a meeting at my daughter's school and it is now clear the road ahead is still long. When she started the program she is in last september, we were so thrilled by the immediate progress we were seeing. I foolishly thought, my kid is so smart, by the end of the school year she will be back on par with kids her age. The progress is undeniable. There were plateaus and with the unexpected school interruption for 2 full weeks after the huge snowfalls, some serious setbacks. No doubt now the second year of the program will be necessary for her to be able to go to kindergarden in good conditions. I'm just glad we have been proactive as soon as we noticed something was not quite right. I am glad my daughter is getting all the help she needs to catch up with her peers. I know once she does she will be a run away for the gold (that's the proud mommy talking here).   

Add all this up with the general grumpiness, this week has been rough so far. Thankfully like a long voyage at sea the end is in sight! Friday ahoy mateys! And as we sail closer to the end of the journey things are looking up. Wonderful surprise this morning! Someone drops by my desk while I am working on a case. At first I don't really pay attention as I am totally engrossed in my work. Second look... YAY!!!! It's Karen. Karen is the one most wonderful gals. She is smart, always helpful and caring. Her hart is bigger than her country... and that's pretty big since she is from Canada. There should be more people like Karen on this planet. So we went out for lunch and the grumpiness started melting down. Now I'm hoping for a productive Friday that will make up for an otherwise pretty gloomy week. 



The reality of my trip to Arizona is also starting to sink in. It's nice to know I am going to do something so far from my routine for a whole week. Not just the work routine, but also the house routine. No cooking, no cleaning, no pets. Uhoh.. No hubby and no kid either. That bit is not so great. I know I will miss them both. Guess what... I'll be traveling with two laptops: my work issued HP and my very faithful and how so practical MacBook. Yay for integrated video camera. No matter what I will get to see my two favorite people from thousands of miles away. I just hope the internet access will be comp'ed because the company handbook says I can't expense it. 

Hmm I forgot I also have to worry about what to pack.


No comments:

Post a Comment