Sunday, February 28, 2010

It's GONE


No posts the past two days. I have been VERY busy... All the beige is now gone! Yes, I started to pain the living/dining rooms Friday night after dinner. At 2AM (yes 2AM), I was halfway done with the top color. 
That's before.. one last glimpse of the beige

Picked back up on Saturday morning right around 9AM until I ran out of paint around 1:30PM. then it was off to the Home Depot and a side trip to the grocery store. Yep .. mundane but it had to be done. Picked up the brush again after dinner for the last 3-foot section. And then the OCD bug kicked in and I had to paint all the trim that I had saved for next weekend. Again I was up until 2AM. Yeah I know I am crazy. But this morning I was greeted by a changed room and some sunshine that made it even prettier. The beige is GONE.







I rewarded myself with a trip to the Ikea store to get new sheers that I will be hemming on one  evening this week and a short nap this afternoon. The last bit of this "freshen up" job will be done by the hubby... I discovered that the room has since it the house was built in 1972 been painted various colors : Beige (last to date) , orange (!!) and dark moss green (ewww). How did I find out ? All the wall socket have been painted many times over by previous owners that apparently didn't know about painter's tape and when I removed the plates, I nicked one of the sockets with my screwdriver the various layers suddenly became visible again. Silly me that thought the last (beige) coat was the only one covering the sockets!! No matter,  all the nasty, 30-some year old wall sockets will soon be replaced by brand new one, and new wall plates. I refuse to mess with electricity unless I have absolutely no other choice. 

Somewhere in the middle of all the painting, I managed to watch the 4-men bobsleigh olympic event, to get the laundry done and made sure the house doesn't look like it's been hit by a hurricane so I'm ready to tackle the coming week. 

The only bummer in my weekend was to find out that the check engine light on my dashboard meant a sensor in the engine needed to be replaced... I'm now $500  lighter. Meaning I will have to wait a bit longer to get a SLR and retire my aging digital camera.. again. Mupff!.



No comments:

Post a Comment