Monday, February 15, 2010

Cabin fever

Today I got stuck at home. No daycare !! And with the wonderful weather conditions, no available backup plans. Thankfully my awesome boss doesn't mind that I work remote in those situations. He prefers having me available rather than taking a day off. I was kind of hoping for some fresh air for lunch time but that didn't happen either. The new lock hasn't showed up yet and I was worried I might get stuck outside again, with my daughter in tow and no neighbors to seek refuge at. On top of it, my kid decided to be a brat right around lunch so she was in time out anyway. 

Apparently the lock will finally be delivered tomorrow. That is if the snow expected for tomorrow allows for the delivery truck to get to my door. Yes more snow. Several inches. More shoveling ahead. More ice after. Most of the parking lot in front of my house resembles a skating rink by now... a really nasty bumpy skating rink... Zamboni anyone?  
Actually I slipped and barely avoided landing on my behind several times while delivering heart shaped cookies to my neighbors yesterday. I hate Phil the groundhog and his shadow. Last year we had snow the last weekend of March. I can't do another 6 weeks of this! On top of that, I have heartburn and it's my on-call week. Mpffft. 


I really can't wait for spring. I want sunshine, longer days and pretty flowers. I want to be able to walk bare foot. I want to be outside in t-shirts instead of bundled up in a bomber jacket no matter how cool it looks. Cabin fever.. that's what I have. No prescription for that except BETTER WEATHER.


No comments:

Post a Comment