Monday, February 8, 2010

Yes for real stuff !

Interesting day for 3 reasons: 
Firstly, the snow removal contractor finally showed up today with the proper gear. After 3 days we are finally un-buried ! Our neighbors 2 doors down and farther away from the main street aren't so lucky. The snow removal effort has not yet freed their vehicles from the snowpack. I expect the rest to be done tomorrow, just in time for the next announced snow event. We are expecting another 16 to 20 inches between tomorrow evening and Wednesday night. What an exceptionally crappy winter!


The sidewalk is finally "walkable" and the walkway to my house is de-iced




But what an exceptionally great neighborhood too. That's the second part. Everybody was on deck helping those that needed it the most. Very cool! I love my neighbors. We have a wonderful synergy going on: every one is happy to use their professional skill to help the neighbors. And when the snow hits, the brawn. 



My neighbors taking a well deserved break

Lastly, and that is the coolest part of my day, my beloved daughter did eat her bowl of soup. Veggie soup, home made by mommy mind you! A small victory over the peanut butter on toast and the fries. Ok it was carrots soup, so not green. But it was veggies, real veggies, real food !!   A small victory in a year long battle but still: Hoooray !! That really made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment