Sunday, February 14, 2010

V-Day

OK, my guy is not much into the romantic stuff. At all. He is into geeky things. So I decided to do stuff with my daughter. First we had a M&Ms breakfast. It is messy but fun ! M&Ms do melt... But I really don't mind when I see my baby so happy . Then there was the coffee. accident. Jumping on the bed when there is a cup of coffee close by = unplanned laundry. 


Stripped the bed linens. And off to the basement again. I probably jinxed myself last night when I said all the laundry was done . Oh well. Slipping in fresh sheets tonight was a nice touch. 


After that the paint bug  took over. I HAD to paint the trim in the dining room. The old color looked so uninspiring and tired. Then the hubby came by and said we should replace the baseboard and the chair rail entirely. OK so I wasted my time painting. Hmm maybe not. Knowing how some of our house projects have dragged on for weeks, this may prove to be be a long haul temporary thing.  It already looks so much better than yesterday :D.

OK the beige still has to go. Really. I was itching to go to Home Depot but I decided it was more important to bake cookies with my young assistant cook. 

Off to the kitchen. My little one was so happy to pour the ingredients in the mixing bowl and see how butter, sugar, flour and eggs combine in dough. She insisted the cookies should be pink so a few drops of food coloring later, we had pink dough. She, of course, had to taste the result. Yum!! Then she helped making heart and butterfly shaped cookies and to decorate them with M&Ms, She didn't even poach that many in the process.  

See our productions below

Once baked we promptly distributed some around the neighborhood. 

Oh and I treated myself with a looooong hot bubble bath without interruption !! Yay! Oops I forgot about finishing the taxes. I still got plenty of time though so I don't even feel bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment