Thursday, February 25, 2010

Frustrations

Day 3 of training. My friend Anna and I got this module down now. We matched the output file we were given as practice. Yay! More practice exercises tomorrow with a slightly trickier output file but I'm pretty sure we can get it done. Good news! It's official. I'm going one week in Scottsdale AZ next month. I'm looking forward to the field experience and also the hands on training on a really interesting new product. 

On the house front, a frustrating day. We share our house with two fur balls of the feline species. We adopted them from a shelter in 2002. Up to the arrival of our little miss in 2006, things were going great. Our furry friends were happy and so were we aside from few quirky habits. But things have been slowly degrading. There has been some jealous/territorial behaviors. Then one of our cats started to have urinary problems. We had to switch her diet  several times to get that issue under control. But we are now finding ourselves in a situation were it is very complicated to accommodate the needs of our furry friends. One cat needs a special food, and the other one is having allergic reactions to said special food, and since the first big flare up last month, pretty much any foods we have tried are causing more allergies flare ups. 
We have yet to find a solution that will have both cats healthy and happy and the humans of the house sane. It's been over a month now that things have gone from manageable to downright distressing. Imagine having to give pills daily to a cat for 5 weeks with no clear end in sight, go on a wild good chase for the miracle pet food , not knowing which ingredient is causing the allergies. I have had cats in my home as far as my memories go but this is proving to be a bit too much. Frustration, stress are also affecting  the family as a whole. In fact, I'm considering whether to ever get another pet (other than a goldfish) after our current housemates go to chase mice in cats' heaven. I hope we can find a good nutrition option that will work for both cats with the help of our vet. If not we will be forced to find a new home for one of the two. Not an easy task... As much as I hate the current situation, I love our fuzzballs. *sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment