Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm seeing yellow


I have mentioned it before, I love my iPhone. It's not only sleep and stylish, it is also such an awesome piece of technology. It's my shopping list, music player, calculator, agenda, menu manager, won't be late or forget an appointment, can keep kid entertained quietly during a wedding ceremony, web browser of extreme situations (see my post), capture moments, notepad, gamepad, find that restaurant/gas station, convert metrics to us and the other way round device. Oh and I can also use it to make phone calls. 


Anyway, it's not my first smart phone, I used to have a Samsung BlackJack II. I liked the BlackJack as a phone. Not so much as a smart phone. I also never found much use for the integrated camera that really didn't have a great resolution and a funny pink hue. Anyway, a couple of days ago I took some pictures of the snowbanks in the parking lot at work with my iPhone. And what I had suspected to be just a problem of indoor lighting turns out to be an actual camera problem: all my iPhone pictures have a funny yellow hue. Gaaack ! not again !! 


See on the right side, the original picture downloaded from the phone and below the same one after color correction


Thankfully, hubby being a firm believer some items are worthy of a warranty extension, both my iPhone and his were purchased with the Apple extended protection plan. So I call the Apple iPhone support line. The tech walks me trough making a full backup of my phone and my iTunes purchases, followed by a complete device reset. Re-tested after, still yellow. No matter. My tech immediately books me an appointment at the nearest Apple Store for tomorrow and sends me an email to confirm the appointment. Easy!! Apple's customer support is the bomb. 


Work wise, after last week's madness, this week won't be nearly as intense: I'm training on an optional software module for the product I support and we will be doing 3 deployment  during the week. That should cover the bases and then some. A welcome change of pace. I also received confirmation I will go to Scottsdale AZ next month on a customer's site for the installation of another optional module. I can think of worse places to go than Arizona in March. 


On the home front, another victory for Mommy. The young lady of the house ate the home made veggie (tomato, potatoes and chicken broth) soup, followed by applesauce, half a banana and a glass of milk. Pretty healthy and balanced compared to most of her meals. Slowly but surely we are making progress. I'm hoping to get her interested with fresh fruit in the sprint and summer. I think more trips to our favorite farm to pick fresh fruit and vegetables may just do the trick. Bonus for mom and dad, our visits to the farm are usually followed by a solid nap: countryside is exhausting when you are running 6 times the actual distance just because you are 3 and it's fun to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment