Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Easy as (Apple) pie

Day 2 of training and things are starting to click into place in my head. I always thought this module had to be awfully convoluted when I poked around the documentation. It turns out the documentations makes it look much harder than it actually is. For the most part, it is  all about proper formatting: following the template is the key. Of course there are tricks to learn, and this hands on training is the best way to integrate new concepts. Not quite as easy as pie, but very manageable. Tomorrow I am going to spend the time to write it all down in my own words, the one method I have found works best for me to memorize new stuff rapidly. And I mean write, not type. For some reason, taking typed notes just doesn't work as well for me. I also found out that one of the technical solutions I wrote last week got an installer out of trouble. That's always nice to get that type of feedback!. 

After work, I headed to the local Apple Store to see what could be done about the camera issue ( see my previous post). Apple is living up to its reputation of great customer service. Not only my iPhone was replaced immediately after I explained the problem and that the device troubleshooting had been done already, but I also received help every step of the way. Yes, easy as pie. Apple Customer Service is awesome: I was able to backup all my data while the technician was getting a new device from the storeroom, given the time to restore to the new phone, after which the old one was wiped of all data right in front of me. The technician answered all my questions, even the side questions about resolving a problem with the latch of my MacBook without spending the $300 the repair would cost if done by the Apple Store. Oh and yes I tested the camera on the new phone. No yellow to report. Happy customer, I will give a 5 star review to my service call and store appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment