Saturday, February 20, 2010

Overdue list

After a friday from hell at least one good things to finish the workweek. Shari, my work mate and friend, had her birthday bash, at a karaoke bar. Ouch my ears are still hurting from the off key singing I was exposed to .. apparently when you are drunk it doesn't sound quite as bad. I didn't stay very long but it was good to relax and let steam blow off. Once back home, kissed the hubby good night, I crashed in bed, finally catching on very overdue sleep. Thankfully the phone stayed quiet and I woke up when the youngin' decided she needed her morning cuddle with mom. I decided I had earned a lazy morning. When I finally got up it was more brunch than breakfast time. 

After that it was time to get in gear for the rest of the day. Other overdue items this week: the whole house, especially the kitchen. De-clutter, scrub the floor and counters, dishes, dust, it all shines now. Glad the oven cleans itself though. That too was way overdue. In and there, intermissions for the usual laundry, the evening came way too fast. 
I'm afraid the dining/living room paint will have to wait a bit longer. The sample patches bother my OCD nerve but there is only so much you can do everyday and still  keep your sanity. There is another overdue thing higher on my list anyway: Taxes. It's almost done now,  I only have to set aside an hour of quiet tomorrow and it will be behind me. 

One downer today: My mom will not be visiting this year. Since I have moved in the US, 8 years ago, my mom has visited almost every year. She even came twice the year my little one was born. Her visits are my breath of fresh (and french) air. This is going to be a very long year even with our weekly video conferences (the internet is a wonderful thing when your family is far away). In 2011, we are going to Europe for sure and are already saving money and vacation days for it. 18 months. Crap. 


No comments:

Post a Comment