Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"Eat more Chikin" !


I have a daughter, she is 31/2. And she is just as pig headed as her mom and dad combined.

Example: the list of foods she agrees to eat is so short that anyone with a vague notion of proper nutrition would be horrified.
List of acceptable foods: Pasta (only with white sauce or grated cheese), bread, cereals, apple sauce, yogurt, pudding, cream cheese, eggs (sometimes only), cookies and crackers, fruit juice, milk and peanut butter. Note no veggies (not really a surprise there), no fresh fruit and only apple sauce , no meats. Peanut butter ?? Peanut butter !!! Ewwww, I hate peanut butter, my daughter loves it. One point for Catptain America.

This food thing has been going on for over a year. Each time we think we are making progress, my daughter proves again she is determined beyond her years.

So tonight (same as last night), we tried to convince our beloved offspring to eat chicken. Fat luck. One hour, 2 bites and 2 very aggravated parents. A just punishment for all the aggravation inflicted to our own parents ? Who knows. I just know I'm determined too. Determined not to be transformed into a short order cook for my kid. Guess what's for dinner tomorrow : chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment